Friday 11 November 2011

OPI Navy Shatter


Navy Shatter is described as a "dark navy blue top coat that's similar to black shatter with a bit more of an edge". by O.P.I.

I know most people are getting over the shatter trend but I still love that it's a quick and easy solution to make a manicure more interesting.

I bought this shatter and 3 others for 25% at a local salon. I've learned from reading some of the other polish  blogs to try and look for a thinner formula when buying shatter. Advice well worth taking.

When looking at the bottle, I was a little hesitant due to it looking almost black. Once out of the bottle however, it's evident that it is navy. I applied the polish starting at the corner of my nail and moved inward rather then the usual method of starting in the centre and moving outward. I find this way offers a more even shatter. I applied the shatter over Sephora by OPI's "Mermaid to Order" (review to come later), I also applied a clear top coat to take the finish from matte to glossy, which I prefer.

Out of all the shatters I've tried I found this one to shatter the best and quickest (shattering beginning almost immediately when applied).


Appears similar to OPI's "Russian Navy" when photographed (no flash used)

No comments:

Post a Comment