Wednesday 23 November 2011

OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam Collection "Rally Pretty Pink"


OPI Rally Pretty Pink is a rosy pink base mixed with pink and gold foil micro-glitter.

When I first saw this colour, my  reaction was "shit, more gold" but upon closer inspection I was able to see the pink/rose toned glitter that really makes this colour unique.

 The great thing about this polish is it can look completely different depending on the light and viewing angle. Depending on the light, this color can be seen as a rich rose gold or a beautiful mauve gold colour.When I first wore this colour,  friends mistook it for Rosy Dawn and Warm & Fozzie.

This polish went on well and was fully opaque after 2 coats. I added a third coat out of habit. This color dries to a fantastic golden shine but I wanted more gloss. So I felt a top coat was needed for added shine and sparkle. I found that after 2 days, I did have some wear at the tips but no chips or wear anywhere on the nail.

This is a great  fun colour that has the ability to be work appropriate and can still offer that "wow" effect needed for a night out on the town. The gold is really the dominant colour in the polish, which I think makes is a great year round colour

My photos show 1 clear base coat, 3 coats of polish and 1 clear top coat.
My photos do not do this colour justice, in order to be able to see the change in colour from "golden glow" to "pink/rose toned purple" you really need to see it in person or I need to get a better camera!

 



trying to showcase some of the rose colouring in the photo




Kind of able to see the difference here

No comments:

Post a Comment