Monday 9 January 2012

Classic Monday "My Private Jet" Review

My Private Jet is described as "Luxurious deep black with glints of glamour" by O.P.I.

My version of My Private Jet (MPJ) is the non-holo which has a wonderful charcoal base with flecks of silver shimmer mixed in.


Yes, I know MPJ may not technically be in the Classic Collection but anything I can buy at the drugstore is Classic Collection to me.

This colour was originally released as part of the 2007 Night Brights Collection. The original formula was holographic glitter in a semi-jelly charcoal base but it was later changed to the browner charcoal base with silver shimmer (another bubblegate). I would have loved to have gotten my hands on a holo version of MPJ but it just wasn't meant to be. It looks amazing and I'm going to keep an eye out for it.

This colour goes on well but is a tad on the thin side. I found I need 4 coats instead of my normal 3 for it to be opaque. Adding the extra coat made the colour look more on the black side, which was kinda disappointing but the shimmer more then made up for it.

I was amazed at how well this formula wore, I wore this colour for 5 days (yes, I loved it that much!) and only on day 4 did I see any tip wear or chips.Which was when the photo below was taken. I think I may have found  my new favorite fall/winter colour. Another fun, interesting, non boring work appropriate colour! 






No comments:

Post a Comment