Monday 23 January 2012

Classic Monday "You Don't Know Jacques!"

You Don't Know Jacques! is described as "If you don't know how trendy this taupe is!" by O.P.I. (Yeah, I thought it was a typo too but it's not)

You Don't Know Jacques! was originally released as part of the La Collection De France. When I first looked at this colour, my reaction was "mud puddle water brown". Once on, things get much better, the colour becomes a  beautiful rice taupe. I love the colour, and love the name!

It's the perfect rich professional fall/winter colour. I assumed I would become bored with it after a day or two. Due to it's lack of sparkle but went almost 5 days between polish changes. This colour wore like a dream, I didn't notice any chips or tip wear until day 4 and that was after some serious housework.

The formula, I didn't love so much. It managed to be thick and streaky at the same time. How is that even possible? The first coat went on a streaky goopy mess. I needed to wait until it was completely dry (not just dry to the touch) before even attempting a second coat. After 4 coats, I was finally happy with the finish. It dried to a nice glossy sheen. You Don't Know Jacques! is one classic that won't be banished to the back of the box.






No comments:

Post a Comment