Sunday 20 November 2011

OPI Miss Universe Collection "Swimsuit...Nailed It!" Review

OPI Miss Universe Collection Swimsuit....Nailed It! is described as  "An itsy bits teenie weenie vibrant shiny-blue bikini" by O.P.I.

Swimsuit...Nailed It! is a fantastic jewel toned metallic blue. This colour has depth, shimmer and gets noticed when worn. I love it!

This colour goes on well with great opacity after 2 coats. I still used 3 coats just out of habit. Even after applying the first coat of polish, I found little to no bald spots, no streaking and couldn't see any brush strokes. Great formula. The shimmer is so apparent that I didn't need to use a top coat for added shine.


One thing that did bother me about this polish is that it will dye nails and cuticles blue. I bet this colour would do really well in a smurf line. I normally use a polish remover dip. After removing Swimsuit...Nailed It! the dip sponge was so stained with blue that it needed to be tossed. Removal for this polish  is not easy, I found using OPI Acetone Remover  worked best but still left stained cuticles and nails. Washing hands thoroughly several times after removal did take care of most of the left over blue.

I used a base coat, 3 coats of polish and no top coat


Close up to see metallic sheen


No comments:

Post a Comment