Friday 18 November 2011

OPI "Dim Sum Plum" Review

"Dim Sum Plum"
OPI Dim Sum Plum is described as "A berry delectable delicacy" by O.P.I.

Dim Sum Plum is a pink/plum cream colour from OPI's Hong Kong Collection.

I bought this colour as part of a two-pack that included Drip Drop. It's not usually a colour I would normally buy, but I really wanted Drip Drop. Normally, I do tend to stay away from creme finish preferring metallic, holo or glitter. (Seriously, I should be married to mobster and living in NJ, I love bling).

I found the formula to be kind of on the thick side. This could become a problem later on but that's nothing some polish thinner can't fix. Due to it's thickness,  I would suggest waiting at least 1-2 minutes between coats. (Maybe that's why it came with Drip Drops. light bulb.)  The good thing about the thick formula is that even a habitual 3 coater like myself is satisfied with opacity after 2 coats. The formula goes on well with no streaking or bald spots and dries to such a glossy finish that I didn't need a top coat. Even without a protective top coat, I found I had little to no tip wear even after several days.



Dim Sum Plum is a nice rich colour that could be worn all seasons. While I like this colour, I'm not in love in with it. I found myself bored with it after a few hours. Maybe with a shatter or glittery top coat it could become more interesting.



The photos below are taken with 1 base coat, 2 coats of polish and the flash on


A nice but boring shade of creme pink/plum




No comments:

Post a Comment