Monday 27 February 2012

Classic Monday "Russian Navy" Review



Russian Navy is described as "Wait until you see this deep-sea indigo" by OPI.


Russian Navy was originally released as part of the 2007 Russian Collection. Colour wise it's gorgeous. A beautiful navy blue with red microshimmer mixed in. Amazing! I bought this colour thinking it was OPI Ink because of how purple the microshimmer made it look in the bottle. I was super shocked when it come out blue but feel instantly in love with it. From far away it looks like an inky navy blue, close up you can just see a hint of the microshimmer adding a nice rich detail to the colour.



The formula for this colour is fantastic. I had opaque nails in just 2 coats. I wore this polish for 4 days and did get some chips and tip wear. I thought this colour would look vampy with my pale skin but it looks fantastic.
The only thing I didn't like about this colour is that it will stain if you don't use a good top coat. So use protection ladies! Also it's a pain in the ass to remove, don't even think about using a dip to remove this colour. Stain city.

My pictures don't do justice at all, if it wasn't -21 outside I would have tried to get some natural light photos. I'll re-shoot when better weather arrives



No comments:

Post a Comment