Tuesday 13 December 2011

Muppet Collection "Excuse Moi!" Review

Excuse Moi! is described as "Ahem! This pink glitter has something to say!" by OPI.

Excuse Moi! has medium round rainbow glitter and silver micro glitter suspended is a warm pink base. The rainbow glitter pieces are yellow, orange, blue, green, silver, and pink. Pink and silver are the two dominant glitter colours in the mix.

Unlike Rainbow Connection, Excuse Moi! does not have a clear base, making it easy to achieve opacity in only 2 coats. The glitter goes on well and spreads evenly with no clumping issues.



I was really surprised by how gritty this polish was without a top coat. The micro-glitter dries to a texture not too far away from fine grade sand paper. I applied two coats of a clear top coat and this corrected the situation but I still found it to be very rough to the touch. Even with the added top coats, I did have some issues with peeling and flaking after only a day of wear.

This colour reminds me of a darker versions of Teenage Dream and I'm not entirely sure if I like it. My initial response to the dried product was  "too much pink not enough bling".


The photos below show a clear base coat, 2 coats of polish and 2 coats of a clear top coat

 







without flash

No comments:

Post a Comment