Sunday 18 December 2011

Muppet Collection "Gone Gonzo" Review

Gone Gonzo is described as "The aqua - blue glitter is taking over the world" by OPI.

Gone Gonzo has a clear base with aqua - blue glitter and larger silver glitter pieces mixed in.
This polish is a gorgeous shade of blue that I would love to have seen with a coloured base. We've seen with Excuse Moi!, that OPI can do a  coloured base for this collection. So come on O.P.I.
I found the application of the polish to be a little difficult. The larger silver pieces of glitter would clump together. Don't be afraid to take an orange stick and move stuff around.

 
Using Gone Gonzo alone as a polish didn't really float my boat. After 4 coats, my nail still had a ton of bald spots. The finish dried gritty so I would suggest a top coat or two.  I wore Gone Gonzo alone for 2 days and didn't have any issues with tip wear, glitter lifting/peeling or any chips.

I also tried Gone Gonzo as a sparkly top coat with Swimsuit...Nailed It! and loved the look. Pairing the metallic of Swimsuit...Nailed It! with the glitter and sparkly of Gone Gonzo was a great blingy look. I did 1 coat of Gone Gonzo and moved the bigger glitter into place with an orange stick. I also applied a clear top coat for added shine and protection.

By itself, I could take or leave Gone Gonzo but as a sparkly top coat I love it. It's a great way to jazz up a colour you may have gotten bored with.

I did a side by side comparison showing Gone Gonzo alone and as a top coat. Alone, it was applied over a clear base coat and clear top coat was added. Using Gone Gonzo as a sparkle coat, I used 1 coat clear base coat, 2 coats of Swimsuit...Nailed It!, 1 coat Gone Gonzo and finished it off with a clear top coat.












  Left to Right Swimsuit...Nailed it! with Gone Gonzo layered over top, 4 coats of Gone Gonzo only.






No comments:

Post a Comment