Monday 13 February 2012

Classic Monday "A-Rose at Dawn...Broke by Noon"




A-Rose at Dawn...Broke by Noon is described as "A gleaming , gambling, rambling rose" by OPI.


A-Rose at Dawn...Broke by Noon  was originally released in 2003 as part of the Las Vegas Collection by OPI. This polish is a cool toned medium metallic frosted rose colour. The colour screams 1980's.  I haven't seen a colour this frosted since grade school. 



Due to it being metallic and frosted, A-Rose at Dawn...Broke by Noon is the most unforgiving colour I have ever used by OPI. Every ridge, bump and imperfection on my nail could be seen once this colour dried. Any recommendations for a good ridge filler?

I used 3 coats in order to achieve opacity. I then added one more coat in hopes of covering up the streaky mess that my nail had become. No go. 

I hate the frosted finish but love the polish colour so I think so experimenting with glitter top coats and matte finishers may be in order.

Anyone else have any issues with this colour?








No comments:

Post a Comment