Friday 10 February 2012

Serena Williams Glam Slam Collection "Your Royal Shine-Ness" Review


Your Royal Shine-ness was released as part of a two pack which also included OPI Servin Up Skarkle as part of the Serena Williams Glam Slam Collection.


I really like how OPI released each 2 pack in conjunction with a major tennis tournament. Your Royal Shine-ness was released during Wimbledon.

Normally, I  try to  stay away from silver polish. I find for someone as fair as me, it's not really a flattering colour choice. Honestly, it's a f*&#@ing terrible choice for someone as pale as me. However, with Your Royal Shine-ness there's a very subtle hint of gold mixed in. This adds a little bit of warmth to what is a very cold colour. 

The formula is excellent. I  find with foil polishes a slightly thinner formula works best. It offers even coverage and less noticeable brush strokes. Like with any foil polish, brush strokes as visible with this one. They're not as bad as I was expecting, so that's added bonus for this colour. I used a top coat for added shine and protection but the finish is shiny enough that is wasn't really necessary. I wore this colour for 5 days and had only subtle tip wear and a few scrapes (which were totally my own doing).







No comments:

Post a Comment