Saturday 7 January 2012

Nicki Minaj Collection "Metallic 4 Life" Review

Metallic 4 Life is described as "This charcoal sparkle flies with the stars in the skies" by O.P.I.

Metallic 4 Life is one of 6 in the Nicki Minaj Collection by O.P.I. The collection consist of 3 cremes (Fly, Pink FridayDid It On 'Em), 2 metallics (Metallic 4 Life, Save Me)  and one  shatter (Super Bass).

Metallic 4 Life has a charcoal base with silver hex and round glitter mixed in. Think Rainbow Connection with a dark base and silver glitter....

The formula is very thick which is the norm with glitter polish, but it spreads surprisingly well. I did need to move some of the larger hex pieces into place. I found it to be a good idea to wait at least a few minutes between coats to avoid the glitter from shifting all over the place. I used 3 coats to achieve opacity but found I could have even used a forth. I chose not  to use a forth coat because I found the polish started looking more black and less like charcoal. One big issue, I had with the polish was that it chipped super easy. I wore it for 2 days and lost huge chunks and glitter pieces hours after painting my nails.

2 down, 4 to go...

Has anyone tried this collection yet?

.




No comments:

Post a Comment